Eat Smart Nutrition Information Cards
Free Eat Smart nutritional information cards, with healthy eating tips and shopping
lists, are available in stores at the Eat Smart display at your local Bashas’. Each
nutrition information card is conveniently sized similar to a standard bookmark
so that you can keep them on-hand while shopping.
Eating Healthy on a Budget
Following a Gluten Free Diet
Shopping for a DASH of Salt
Shopping for a Healthy Heart
Healthy Children: A Family Affair
Building Strong Bones
Eat the Colors of the Rainbow
Each card highlights one of the nutrition information tags found at Bashas’ to help
you shop smarter for healthy products.
- Healthy, Quick & Affordable Meal Ideas
- Money Saving Shopping Tips
* Look for the "Healthier Option" tag on food items to help you find healthy options
on a budget, featuring many Food Club and private-label brands.
- Naturally Gluten-Free Foods
- Alternative Starch Options
- Celiac Disease Resources
- DASH: Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Tips to Reduce Salt/Sodium in the Diet
* Look for the "Low Sodium" tag on food items to help you find products that contain
less than 140 milligrams of sodium.
Download a listing
of LOW SODIUM products available at Bashas’ – 2012 (PDF)
- Lower Your Risk for Heart Disease
- Heart Healthy Shopping List
* Look for the "Heart Healthy" tag on food items to help you find products that are
low in saturated fat, and contains no trans fat.
- The Importance of Family Meals
- Easy Steps for Parents to Promote Good Nutrition
* Look for the "Healthier Option" tag on food items to help you find smarter choices
for healthy living.
- Calcium for Strong Bones
- Shopping Tips for Calcium-Rich Foods
- Daily Calcium Recommendations
* Look for the "Calcium-Rich" tag to find food items with 20% more of the Daily Value
(DV) for calcium.
- Choose a Variety of Fruits & Vegetables
- What is a Serving Size?
- Meal Ideas to Increase Fruits & Vegetable Intake
* Look for the "Immune Booster" tag to help you find food items that contain phytochemicals
(plant nutrients) for optimal well-being.