Our Commitment to Your Health & Well-Being
Effective Monday July 27th, Facemasks will be required
Effective Monday, July 27th, all Bashas’ Family of Stores locations will require customers to wear a facemask or covering while shopping with us. This is for the protection of our customers as well as our members (i.e. employees) and expands on the nearly 90% of our stores that already require coverings due to a local mask mandate in place. While public opinion on masks vary, we will continue to follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that face coverings play an important role in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
All of our store members, as well as vendor partners have been wearing masks as part of company policy for some time. We will offer complimentary disposable masks while supplies last and have masks and shields available for purchase in store.
“We ask, and appreciate, our customers support, compliance and kindness towards our members (i.e. employees) and fellow shoppers while in our stores,” says Edward Basha, president & CEO of Bashas’ Family of Stores. “As Arizona’s Hometown Grocer the health and safety of our community is paramount and we are committed to doing our part to help slow the spread and know that it will take all of us coming together to get through these challenging times.”
What you can expect:
- All store team members and vendor wearing masks or face coverings
- Signage at the entrances/exits reminding customers of the mask mandate
- Signage on the windows educating customers about the risk reduction when wearing a mask
- Overhead announcements reminding shoppers to socially distance and the importance of masks
- Social distancing reminder floor stickers throughout
- You MAY see a customer in our store without a mask
- Please remember that there are legitimate reasons why an individual may not have a mask on, such as age, health or religion
- We ask all customers to be respectful to each other and if there are concerns to speak to store management
- We will, while supplies last, provide disposable masks to customers who do not have or have forgotten their mask
- Facemasks and face shields will be available for purchase at all locations
How We’re…Keeping You Safe
We have implemented a rigorous cleaning, sanitation and disinfection process, which includes:
- Consistent & regular cleaning of high touch point surfaces
- Cart disinfection program
- Gloves are provided and masks allowed
- Register distance shields creating a physical barrier between our cashiers and customers
- One-Way Aisle Shopping Program
- Limiting instore capacity to 40%
- Pre-shift temperature checks for all members
- Social distance programs:
- Visual markings at the deli/bakery & the registers to show exactly where to stand to keep 6’ distance
- In store radio social distance & health/wellness reminders
- 6’ feet distance reminders
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue or into your elbow
- Wash hands regularly with soap for 20-seconds
- Refrain from touching your face
- In store signage reminder for social distancing & health/wellness
- Daily reviews of in store social distancing enhancements and opportunities
How We’re…Stocking Our Shelves
How We’re…Filling the Employment Gap
How We’re…Asking You to Help
- Practice & follow social distancing recommendations
- Limit the number of people who shop with you
- Shop responsibly, leaving things on the shelves for the next person
- Be kind & courteous to each other and our members
Valued Customers & Community Members,
As we continue to see unprecedented demand, and in an effort to remain commited to store cleanliness, quality customer service and product availability all Bashas’ across Arizona will have temporary adjusted business hours starting Sunday, March 15th.
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
First Responders and Hospital Workers
Bashas’ Supermarkets: 5:30am – 6am
Bashas’ Diné Markets: 6:30 – 7am
Bashas’ Supermarkets: 5am – 6am
Bashas’ Diné Markets: 6am – 7pm
Need work? We need workers!
We know that this is a difficult time for everyone and for those adversely affected by bars, restaurants, school closures, etc., we would like to help bridge the gap for them and put them to work.
We have immediate openings at our stores, and have expedited our internal HR processes to support getting folks to work right away.
If anyone is interested, please visit your nearby Bashas’, Bashas’ Dine, Food City or AJ’s locations and inquire with the store management.
Or visit https://jobs.bashas.com/
Please see the attached on the appropriate identification documents.
Anyone hired at one of our stores will need to bring a voided check or a bank statement if they choose direct deposit as their form of pay, otherwise they are paid on a money network pay card. (i.e. debit pay card).
Grocery Delivery Services:
Bashas’ partners with a 3rd party grocery delivery service, Instacart, to execute delivery for our customers. Last week Instacart launched a new “Leave At My Door Delivery” feature that is available to anyone using Instacart.
Temporary In-Store Program Closures:
During this time we’ve made immediate changes to the following areas. Please click below for more info:
New Senior Shopping Program:
More info here
Health & Well-Being Resources:
We encourage everyone to take additional precautionary measures and practice good hygiene. Below are resources related to Coronavirus to keep you informed.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Links: