At Bashas’, Hydrangeas are the flower of the month in December. You will find blue and white hydrangeas in the floral department all month long.
Did you know…..?
– People love Hydrangeas so much that there is a day for it, January 5th is Hydrangea day!
– Hydrangeas originate in the mountainous regions of Japan. The Japanese variety often produces much smaller and delicate blooms.
– Hydrangeas can change their colors. Hydrangea plants are one of the few flowers that soak in the aluminum from the acidic soils. This aluminum accumulation results in the bluish tints.
– White hydrangeas will always s be white, but the pink and blue can be manipulated by the pH levels in the soil.
– Hydrangeas plants need consistent pruning to bloom year after year.
– Hydrangeas produce their massive clusters of petals from the tips of shoots produced from the previous season.
– Be careful! Hydrangeas are poisonous if eaten, so be sure to keep away from children and pets!