Popcorn and movies never go out of style. Turn your family movie night up a notch with some Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls. Let the kids help create these colorful creations and enjoy them as a late night snack while you watch your favorite flick. You can use any combination of sweet and salty snacks to create this marshmellowy treat.
SWEET & SALTY POPCORN BALLS
10 cups JOLLY TIME Pop Corn, popped
1/4 cup butter
10 oz bag marshmallows
1 cup pretzel pieces
1 cup M&M’s, regular or mini
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions.
- Set aside to cool and remove any unpopped kernels.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring regularly, until melted.
- Remove any unpopped kernels from popcorn, and stir popped popcorn into marshmallow mixture.
- Add pretzel pieces, and stir in to combine.
- Using a 1 cup measuring cup for large popcorn balls or a 1/2 cup measuring cup for small popcorn balls, scoop out popcorn mixture.
- Shape into balls. If the mixture sticks to your hands, spray your hands lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press M&M’s and mini chocolate chips into the outside of the popcorn ball.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
You can find your favorite variety of Jolly Time popcorn at your local Bashas’ stores. For more tasty popcorn recipe ideas please visit the Jolly Time website.